Saturday 11 August 2012

Nails of the Day: Turquoise Lagoon

I normally play it pretty safe when it comes to nail colour - reds, corals, purples, browns - I'm not sure why, I just think I avoid looking like I'm a 13 year old with badly painted nails, but there is such a great selection of more interesting varnish shades out there at the moment that when I saw this colour I thought I'd try something different.

I'd had my eye on a gorgeous light blue Deborah Lippman varnish but I'm trying to reign in the spending so had a look Superdrug and came across a little beauty by Maybelline called Turquoise Lagoon. It truly is turquoise as it really depends on the light as to how blue or green this colour looks.


This took 3 coats before I got a coverage I was happy with as it does apply fairly translucent and streaky on the first 2 coats. I found the brush good  and it felt like it was better quality than a £4.09 drug store product.

This varnish is in their Express Finish 40 second range, but I still used Sally Hansen Inst-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat. I'd been looking to buy Seche Vite as I'm usually really impatient when it comes to waiting for my nails to dry but then I saw the Sally Hansen product reduced by £1 to £3.99 and thought it was worth a try. This top coat is brilliant - dries nails in 30 seconds as it claims and kept my nails chip free for about 5 days - this could be a combination of the quick drying Maybelline formula though.



Its essential you wear a base coat with this varnish - I didn't and after having 3 coats on for a week when I removed it I have been left with a natural griege tone... nice!



I loved wearing a different colour on my nails, especially with a bright top that I wore to the Olympics last Sunday... I felt like it represented by personality better and put me in a good mood just looking at them! Ha! I'll definitely be going back to Maybelline to see what other colours I like.

3 comments:

  1. this color is so lovely! I have a similar one, and I love it!
    Nathalie
    Giveaway online!
    http://curls-and-bags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour :) Makes me think of Tiffanys haha :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lovely
    It's India from last nights #BBloggers chat. I love your blog and have just followed you :) - Hope you will check out my blog <3

    Lovely colour, and like your ring!!

    India www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Giveaway - Benefit Ultra Plush Lipgloss Of Your Choice
    Twitter - "JewelBeautyBlog"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!